Total Pageviews

Monday, January 20, 2020

XXX

O

Life ends at the radius of the commute.

This one, in a blue district
fed by police lights and settled aspirations.
You rose and did your thing
and people paid to keep you producing at sunrise.

Hurricanes drove home the point
wildfires made clear--
war on Hispanics brought to my WHAT?

My understanding of privilege
doubted by one after another
from king to untouchable
and the lost in between
you fucking asshole. Why?

Sexuality--expectant, démodé, dumb.
I voted along party lines—the wrong party!
My taste in music was so midatlantic
thoughts on reparations, predictable.
Uh, consequently this is XYZ. 
I had an opinion on abortion and guns.
Beltway liberal homosexual bureaucrat
omnipotent spy enemy gun-nut
planting these goddamn microchips in my brain! 
smart yet unable to see
what really was happening

which is to say whatever they say it is.
You boring basically. 
My life, American schlock.

Of course, to you, and I thank you
I was none of those things.
I was more just a bird
flying in the snow.

No comments: