Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

King Solomon, for My Father

I was a witty child and had received a good soul. 
For I also was my father's son tender and as an only son  in the sight of my mother.

Incline thy ear to my prudence. 
I will shew thee the way of wisdom. 
I will lead thee by the paths of equity.

Choose knowledge rather than gold. Her ways 
are beautiful ways and all her paths are peaceable.
The desire of wisdom  
bringeth to the everlasting kingdom.  

Wisdom opened the mouth of the dumb 
and made the tongues of infants eloquent.

One is as it were rich when he hath nothing. 
It is better to be humbled with the meek 
than to divide spoils with the proud.

When thy enemy shall fall, be not glad 
and in his ruin let not thy heart rejoice. 
A joyful mind maketh age flourishing.  
A sorrowful spirit drieth up the bones.

I love them that love me 
and they that in the early morning 
watch for me shall find me.

The Lord possessed me  
in the beginning of his ways 
before he made anything. 
I was with him forming all things 
and was delighted every day 
playing before him at all times.

The steps of man are guided by the Lord. 
But who is the man  that can understand his own way? 
For all men have one entrance into life 
and the like going out.

The meadows are open and the green herbs have appeared
and the hay is gathered out of the mountains. 

If thou sleep, thou shalt not fear
thou shalt rest
and thy sleep shall be sweet.

No comments: