Total Pageviews

Friday, January 31, 2020

Balboa

Some visions last like your first kill. 
Some voices carry 
like monkeys' in the forest. 
Feel yourself blind with broken knees  
crushing through a forest  of mosquito-bleeding rain.  
Cooked in metal shells land 
and gold, taken naturally  
from cacique to king  
slaughtering men for acting like women 
mad enough to taste the fungi 
growing from the blood.

When a man sees gore  
run down a mountain peak 
when a raider finds a new goldmine 
waiting to be pacified 
he feels my sunless weeks imprisoned  
in a jungle killed for king and god: 
My ocean. My sunset. My pearls.

Even in the conquered I find a home. 
Atrocities accepted as the will of god 
enough alliances to show my estate 
followed by false charges and three hard axe-blows . 

The quest was tough disappointing neverending and misguided.

But my vision of the ocean  
is yours forever.

Some visions last. 
Some voices carry 
like a monkey's in the morning 
you want to go away.

No comments: