Total Pageviews

Monday, January 20, 2020

16

The source  
of gold behind the summer 
inverse alchemy rusting me inside.

When a pilot cannot fly straight 
I blame it on her.
When a man finds a son, she was the lover.
When a man stalks, halfheartedly 
the one who dropped him like a fish

it is her, the lip she didn't wax 
beautiful legs loved by the sun 
and shadow and laughter, knowing 
where she begins, how she twists the world 
with a Colombian smile

a big smile that knew she was sexy 
when she wanted a singer. An athlete. 
The Marine. The stud.

I took the poison thrill of Angie's control 
in place of a kiss 
and figuring that out 
has taken me a life 
of women who enjoy watching me die.

Stop telling anyone like this your secrets.

When I see sunlight, it’s you, many colors. 
When I ride the glacier it’s you I escape.

No comments: