Total Pageviews

Monday, January 13, 2020

Dancing Past Rumi


It took 41 years 
and I still don’t move 
or look like you 
but I sensed to expect 
no conventional answer from transience. 
Like this? Like this? 

Question is better answer than answer 
or action than word 
even if to speak and say No
this is not more true than that
 
and Yes this may be
but for reasons I cannot fully discern
as go many patterns from peak to cavern
it could be something else 
remains the way I understand the feeling 
the soul molting questions 
is ready to fly. 
-------------------------------------------------------
 
Dancing like Lennon at Heathrow 
like the kids on the street 
like the girls of Ibiza-- 
too shy and ill to celebrate  
in body what I feel to be carefree!

laughing in the excess anyway-- 
like two drunks after a good night say
What I seek will reach and touch me, as you said!
I see. Like this? Like this? 
Maybe, maybe not.  

Maybe the touch has already been felt 
never to return but memorized  
by the invisible scout. 

I refuse no question put to me 
or earthly passion expensive idolatry
is nicer than the stars. A night nicely dressed 
with no choice but to say yes  
to sun moon and wildfire
or the raw frost of February.  

Tonight challenge me 
to dance with you in the flesh.
Like this? Like this? 

I cannot express my bliss. I am repressed. 
And life’s become too young to fight the fascists 
who move to delete me. 

I am a flamingo with no rhythm.
My niece laughs at me and it hurts. 
I am the man
they put the screws to when it counts
so cut me some slack
my magic man.

I know what you mean
and when again I trust I’ll try.

Like this.

No comments: