Total Pageviews

Friday, January 17, 2020

9/27/18*

A man winks at me, I laugh.  
A woman leaves  
a bloody maxipad  
in the toilet to protest  
MEN. We don’t always…Don’t you always? 

get what we deserve? Don’t we always--  
men-and-women-on-the-edge allege--  
we've both thought of beheading the other! 

Our throbbing hearts are indication  
the abuse, the impatient  silence, the griping misery-- 
You bastard, why don’t you go?  
Bitch, why don’t you stay?

should be more loving and kind  
though it cannot be so. Or so say 
the men we were, stupid 
and the women-of-things-I-can't-speculate. 
What grim partners. I decided 
I would still make love to the world.  
And hope it would forgive my clumsiness. 
That's what I meant 
as I winked at the bank teller 
oppressive lighting  
lighting up a full stack 
of her beautiful  100 dollar bills.   

Her name by the nameplate was Zhanna.  
There is something to be said  
for letting Zhanna in your soul  
----------------------------------------------

 A brewing storm lifted  
by fast food and hieroglyphs  
on a wide clear road through morning  
piled high as cake in cream  
leaves the twilight workday  
a traffic nightmare-dream.  
Behind trucks hauling Medical/Infectious/Waste 

I myself can hear  
her laughter echo when  
flirting, I observed You seem  
like the kind of person who knows  
just how a person hurts.  

For that she let me stay a little longer.  
But even then, she disappeared…. 
As I sat on the bed, I opened  
the genie bottle found  
in the grass of her apartment sidewalk  
opaque and scraped, and the scorpion inside  
danced to find   
a pharaoh to please.  
He said Sting carefully.  
It may be your last. 

I could hear the Sabine women cry  
and future the world.  
------------------------------------------------- 

Next time you sit giving head 
while women-talk-sex-assault  
and dumb men go no-no-no no/nooooo  
you will be part of our club. 
It is exclusive to a day in time  
that has passed you like a moon, ah  
Can your calendar tell you 
when the next one will be?

Just say We don’t want  
sex by numbers on 9/27/18  
and men and women  
who get it will nod  
for reasons they laugh at  
when no one is watching.

*Date of Brett Kavanaugh's Congressional hearing

No comments: