Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Sustainable Fine Dining

I ordered the rockfish.
The waiter said Excellent choice.
I wondered How is the bass.
I was actually considering that too.
Excellent choice.
I tried to joke
Well how about the 80-oz porterhouse?
He replied Excellent choice.
I was like What on here isn’t an excellent choice?
and shoved the menu in the air.
What about the tofu pie
the red tide oysters Rockefeller. 
Are those excellent too?

Ah, I don’t believe those are on the menu
but excellent choices, all, sir.
I said Ok, look you, stop all this pandering
and find me something here that isn’t an excellent choice.
I don’t even want anything good anymore.
Just get me something, the worst thing here,
That’s what I want.
Jesus! The duck with fig and chantarelles!
Get me the duck with fig and chanterelles!

Like nothing was happening he told me
That will not be an excellent choice.
I said Good, give me that.

Another couple came in minutes later.
The man ordered the duck with chantarelles.
Same waiter.
Excellent choice.

No comments: