Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sea Isle City, NJ



Sea rise • White spray • Sea holds • Then fades • Sea gathers • Sea rise
Months since anything happened, then all at once it comes.
A solution is obsolete for what ails me
Black flies • Bright spray • Cold sea • Now fades • Sea waters • Sea rise
Reduced to the tourism of my own life as exotic hollow,
old friends discovered me, old friends at odds when they agree

Free rise • No pay • Sea holds • Dark shades • Sea gathers • Sea rise
We make a weekend of its white and blue
idealists in from the wilderness, heading back out
Night flies • Like spray • Sea folds • We wade • Sea gathers • Sea rise
A furious blackness is made of the distance
The plane is the moon that is missing tonight





Friends rise • Why stay • Hold fast • Sea drains • Then gathers • Sea rise
Come along they say, don't stay, what the fuck's wrong with you motherfucker?
Some conversations are like operas I just feel to understand
Sea lies • I say • Sea waves • Sea stays • Sea troubles • Sea rise
Saw a star in the sky sitting above me
crown my head, and wondered What for?

Sea rise • White spume • Sea shoals • Gray shades • Sea splatters • Sea rise
That star kept me drilled into place
frozen to see what the sea is
Surprise • No wave • Sea catches • Regains • Sea flattens • Sea rise
Again and again it carries itself to the sand
Again and again it varies the way it carries itself and recedes
Sea breeze • White spray • Sea holds • Then wanes • Sea falters • Sea rise
And it keeps rising. Like I'm iron at heart, the magnet it's after
Castaway foam blows like beautiful fat. All myths become self-evident
Sea rise • White spray • Friends go • I went • Sea gathers • Sea rise
It could end what it says but it keeps on repeating
keeps rising, keeps trying, because so little is right, even the sea.
Wave rise • White spray • Sea holds • Then fades • Sea patterns • Sea rise
And I don't want to listen because I've heard it before
but never like this and never like this and never like this
Sea rise • White spray • Sea holds • Then fades • Sea gathers • Sea rise

Long after I sleep and madness tonight drains away
it's still going, still rising, because nothing is perfect.
Just look and see
Sea rise • White spray • Sea holds • Then fades • Sea gathers • Sea rise

No comments: