Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 5, 2011

After the Shrooms

Ever see the stars? Ever see the stars look fierce?

Black road ● Rose light ● White sleep ● Red eyes ● Blue road

Stand in the lanes in the rain in the rise,
the night a tsunami overcoming the treeline?

Black road ● Rose light ● White sleep ● Red eyes ● Blue road

Everyone was searching for a loophole in The Plan.
At 5 a.m., men were rummaging trash cans,
roaming the halogen fields
looking for Sunday.

Black road ● Rose light ● White sleep ● Red eyes ● Blue road

Astrophysicists by the pool. Banjo players in the drive.
No cops we didn't need, no criminals we didn't want.
We sent up Ginsberg; it was all defeated

but the ladies had afros out to  h    e      r        e.

Rose light ● White sleep ● Red eyes ● Blue road

Maybe you know me.
I've stayed awake longer than you,
saw dawn in the rain on a road
halfway back from affirmation.

White sleep ● Red eyes ● Blue road

Saw my life take the turn I've wanted,
safe at the end of my red eyes and the blue road.

Ever see the stars? Ever see the stars look fierce?
I saw them, left them saying
no more no more and no more.

The edge of the world has incredible views,
but tonight I want to be home.

Blue road ● Blue road ● Blue road ● Blue road ● Blue road

I'm not an honest man, but I know when to run.

Cuz those stars. Those stars look fierce.

You can't fuck with those stars get more serious
every time out.

No comments: